The Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) is the continental body representing Africa's Professional Accountants. Established in May 2011, PAFA is a non-profit organisation currently with 53 Professional Accountancy Organisations (PAOs) from 43 countries. Our mission is to accelerate and strengthen the voice and capacity of the Accountancy profession to work in the public interest, facilitate trade, and enhance benefits and quality services to Africa's citizens.
PAFA takes a multi-pronged approach to engaging with stakeholders at continental, regional and national levels, and we aim to develop the accountancy profession and work collaboratively to drive Africa's agenda.
Our mandate is founded on the premise that national Professional Accounting Organisations (PAOs) have the capacity to drive good financial management practices, accountability, transparency and good governance across public and private entities. We therefore believe that our ability to develop institutional capability will enable the acceleration of economic growth and the reduction of poverty in Africa.
Our vision is to work in the public interest by leading and developing the accountancy profession in Africa and delivering value to our members.
PAFA's five strategy objectives include;
1. Building a strong and sustainable professional accountancy organisation in each African country that contributes to the national professional, economic and social development, and demonstrates compliance with IFAC Statements of Membership Obligations (SMOs).
2. Influencing and facilitating the adoption and, implementation of International Standards and best practice in each member in order to improve the quality of financial and corporate reporting.
3. Facilitating the accountancy profession to contribute in strengthening Public Value Management (PVM) systems in order to achieve fiscal discipline, effective resource allocation and effective service delivery to citizens.
4. Enhancing a common working approach and platforms that facilitate the sharing of knowledge, resources and experiences.
5. Engaging in generating cutting edge knowledge and solutions on future issues that will impact the economy, society and the profession.